A thorough cleaning of the kitchen is very simple if you have the right products and knowledge of the tasks to be implemented. Kitchen cleaners are specially designed to degrease and clean without having to waste time mixing homemade ingredients, as well as facilitating a thorough cleaning.
Cleaning the oven and the refrigerator is usually the most laborious, but if you do everything together, you will save time and energy. Lets see the best tips for How to Clean the Kitchen and lets start from the oven:
- If you have an electric oven, unplug it. Remove the shelves and spray oven cleaner inside and on the inside of the door. Remember to wear gloves and keep the kitchen well ventilated.
- Scrub the burners. Spray with cleaner and place inside oven. For the cleansing to take effect, wait at least half an hour.
- Organize the refrigerator and freezer: unplug the refrigerator and empty completely. Throw out the food that is overdue or muffled and store perishable foods, such as meats and fish, in a portable refrigerator. This type of food should not be more than 20 or 30 minutes away from the refrigerator.
- Soak the shelves in the refrigerator: take out the shelves and soak them in soapy water in the kitchen sink.
- Clean the inside walls of the refrigerator with a microfiber cloth and a delicate or special antibacterial spray for refrigerator.
- Dry the shelves of the refrigerator you had soaked and put them back in place. Plug the refrigerator back in and store the food.
- Soak the oven parts. Now continue cleaning the oven. Leave the stove burners and oven shelves soaking in the kitchen sink.
- Refresh the oven from the top and the inside of the oven with a sponge. It is possible that for the most rebellious food stains you need to apply the product a second time.
- Rinse the sponge detergent and remove the dirt from the oven with clean water.
- Refit, rinse and dry the oven burners and shelves that were in the sink and put them back in place. Leave the oven door open so it dries well. Plug it back in, and that’s it!
To clean smaller appliances such as the microwave, it is best to remove the removable parts and wash them separately in the kitchen sink. Clean the microwave inside and out to remove all grease stains. The kettle and the toaster can be cleaned with a little surface cleaner and a damp cloth. You can also use a scale remover to clean the kettle inside.
- Face the cleaning of the kitchen thoroughly with a set of elements and varied products.
2. Clean the inside of the cupboards and make sure you go ordering as you complete an activity.
3. It is recommended to leave the floor cleaning for the last to be impeccable.
In general, we all try to keep the kitchen as clean as possible on a daily basis, either by ironing the floor cloth or by going over the burners after cooking. However, it is inevitable that, over time and successive meals, grease and dirt will accumulate that are more difficult to clean. While doing a deep kitchen cleaning is not the most fun, it is important to maintain a good level of hygiene. The more often you clean your kitchen, the less time and labor will take. We leave you some practical tips so you know how to clean the kitchen thoroughly.
Preparing for how to clean the kitchen
Make sure you have all the basics: rags and rags, sponges, kitchen rolls and a good pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands. Here is a list of products that are normally needed for deep cleaning. Never forget to wear gloves and read the instructions on the label of each container. For extra caution, first apply the product on a small, unobvious surface as a test.
- A surface cleaner or disinfectant spray
- An antibacterial cleaner for the refrigerator and cupboards
- A furnace cleaner
- A floor cleaner
- A product to remove tartar
- A metal or wood polisher
Before you start, wash everything you have in the kitchen sink to clear the workspace and get to work!
Cleaning the kitchen: cupboards and surfaces
The first thing you have to clean are the cupboards and surfaces:
- Empty drawers and cupboards before beginning cleaning. Use a disinfectant spray is important to learn how to clean the kitchen and a microfiber cloth to clean inside.
- Clean the exterior of surfaces such as cupboards, shelves and the air extractor. Surely you need a ladder.
- For the front of the cupboards, the most effective is usually to wipe a wet cloth with warm water and soap. If the doors are made of wood, it is best to use a wood cleaner.
- Shine the cupboard handles. If they are high in fat, shake and leave to soak before cleaning. Once they are dry, you can apply a polisher (wood or metal) to shine as new.
- After storing everything in place give the finishing touch, spray a little surface cleaner on the countertop and tiles, and wipe.
Final touches for how to clean the kitchen
Scrub the kitchen sink. It should be for the latter. Fill with warm water. Add a measure of bleach or scale remover. Do not forget to read the instructions of the products you are going to use. Let it take effect for a few minutes, empty the sink and clean it. Do not use any type of abrasive sponge that can scratch the pool and make sure to leave it shiny.
To finish, pass the vacuum cleaner or sweep the floor to remove the earth. Fill a bucket with a floor cleaner such as one of the Cif line, dilute it in water, and wipe the rag. When the floor is dry, you’re done! Your kitchen is now shiny.
In most cases, doing a thorough cleaning of the kitchen on a monthly or bimonthly basis is sufficient, as long as you maintain a good level of general cleaning with daily re-runs. Deep kitchen cleaning should not take more than a couple of hours.